Saturday 31 January 2009

Stencil-along results... just a tad belated!

I've finally managed to get in my results of my stencil along, hosted by HoppoBumpo four months late! I had printer issues and for a while there couldn't afford some new printer cartridges - or rather, decided to prioritise fabric over ink cartridges. Melbourne's current weather isn't great for doing much right now, however it is awesome weather for stenciling, especially for people like me with a short attention span and who like instant gratification (wait, why am I doing a PhD again?). The hot weather dries the paint fast and I can peel back my stencil almost instantly to see results! I was originally going to do a robot, but he's a WIP right now as I'm still having a play with the islands, but here's an octopus I did. I'm quite pleased with the results.I used contact paper for the islands and just plain acrylic paint with fabric medium mixed in. I am so stoked with the quality of the freezer paper stencils: the crispness of the edges, how firmly they stay stuck down without bleeding underneath. Thank you HoppoBumpo!



During and after...


4 comments:

Cindy said...

I lvoe him, he is jsut perfect for a bit of stenciling action.

Liesl said...

Its fantastic! You have got a really nice crisp clean edge on the whole stencil. Look forward to seeing the robot, too.

Taccolina said...

Hee hee, love your post. You;re doing a PhD because you're SMART! (We can tell these things, we piddly Masters types).

Love that Octopus, he's a real treat.

buy edegra online said...

Hi,
Nice idea.. Really Like it Thanks for posting this blog......