Tuesday 17 February 2009

Eye spy... my secret (food) shame

I loved this week's theme. I do have a massive food shame. No, really, it's truly awful, and actually I'm really embarrassed to admit...


I love eating butter. That's right, you heard it:

Beth eats butter. On its own.

Salted butter, of course.

Tragic. I know you're cringing. This is, I think, is my worst habit. In my defense, it's not something you'll find me doing every day (I know the harm of saturated fats), but if I just happen to be cooking with butter, then I've been known (ok, I can't resist) to shave bits off the block and just pop it in my mouth, like thin slices of cheese. There, I said it. It's off my chest.

Thank you, Jade, for helping me admit my shame to the world and Cindy, the wonderful host of Eye spy!

3 comments:

Taccolina said...

Pass the unsalted. Thin, thin slices, right?

Michelle said...

You're not the only one. My daughter Casey just love to eat butter - on its own. And she's not ashamed to admit it although she is only 6. She will quite happily lick the butter off a sandwich and then bring it back and ask for more. It does taste good! ... but in moderation.

Jimmy Trickle said...

I didn't realise this kind of behaviour was shameful. Oops.

Apparently my brother in law - when he was a little kid sitting in the supermarket shopping trolley - picked up the block of butter and just bit into it, paper and all. Now that's commitment.