Thursday 18 March 2010

Drawtism: Play Pictionary and raise some $$ for autism!


My karate club will be hosting a Pictionary game for the Drawtism fundraiser, maybe you'd like to host one too? The go is that you organise a bunch of people to play a game of Pictionary in May to help raise money for people with Autism Spectrum Disorders. ASDs include autism and Asperger's Disorder and affect about 1 in 100 individuals in Australia (although there is still ongoing debate over its true numbers). I reckon this is a pretty fun way to get involved, increase awareness and raise some funds. The game can be as big or small as you like: maybe with family and friends at home, or a session around lunch with your work colleagues.

Alpha is managing the fundraiser on behalf of state autism bodies in Australia and the money raised in each state will go to supporting services in that state. If you're interested, go here to register!

3 comments:

Suncorp Internet Banking said...

I like seeing fundraisers; though I've always wondered if they can be done in a way to raise money while simultaneously doing something else, like garbage pickup for money. 2 for 1.

Susan said...

I am happy to find this post very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I always prefer to read the quality content and this thing I found in you post. This is the best Instagram online web viewer on the Internet. Discovering top trending photo and video on Pictaram right now!

kem jhon said...

Fill Gaps In Your life with Women Jackets and groom your life style